The Comfort and Accessibility of a One-on-One
My coaching services are there for authors to ask their book, marketing, and industry-related questions, and to get individualized verbal feedback on specific projects. If you’ve been struggling with revisions, find it difficult to get the words flowing, or even just want a sympathetic ear to the struggles of being a solo creator, then let me offer you…
- I’ll be your sounding board; someone you can ask questions to assuage your fears, get answers from, and help you identify what works for you
- You’ll get a confidant who will celebrate your milestones and achievements, and help you dig deeper into the trenches when the going gets tough
- I will battle writer’s block and work/life overwhelm with you
- You’ll learn techniques to work with the small pockets of time you do have and organize your thoughts into a writeable flow
- Together we’ll make sitting at your desk exciting again!
- I’m an editor with 7 years in the industry who knows what it takes to get published
- I have a B. Soc. Sci. of Psychology from Bond University, and an M.A. of Marketing from the University of Tasmania. I am uniquely qualified to guide you in crafting emotionally accessible and marketable stories
Revision Plan Coaching
Revision plan coaching is there to help you create a revision strategy for your book after getting feedback from your editor or agent.
If you just want to check-in and make sure you understand what is being said or asked of you, need someone to help you through editorial overwhelm, or you don’t want to feel like you’re badgering your editor, then this is the service for you.
- I have critiqued or edited your book within the last 3 months
- An editorial letter (or personalized feedback) from your editor and/or agent
You will leave the session with a revision plan on which items to tackle first and clarifications on any areas of confusion.
*If you are interested in this service but don’t meet the requirements (i.e. I haven’t read your book), you have the option to pay an additional $180 reading fee to become eligible.*
$ 65 / 60 Minutes
Brainstorming & Plotting
Brainstorming & Plotting sessions really focus on guiding you to synthesize your story or series concept and develop plot and character roadmaps that can better direct your writing efforts.
If you’ve ever worried about “being on the right track” or making sure your book will meet genre expectations (esp. for new-to-genre authors), or just want to streamline your plotting or editorial process to develop more solid first drafts, then this is the service for you.
- 1 – 2 page story concept document outlining your plan for your project, any ideas, must haves, prompts, etc. included (if you have a story synopsis, that is preferred)
If your project has any linked editorial (e.g. short stories, freebies, or other books in the series), please also send:
- Series outline
- Copies of previous books in the series
You will leave each session with a writing plan for the week and ideas for exploration to be developed in our next session.
Small Group Coaching
Interested in a workshop that gives insight into an acquisitions editor’s thought process while reviewing submissions?
Small group coaching sessions run for 3.5 hours and are limited to 5 participants total. Each attendee must submit a 1 page (500 words) story concept note and the first 20k words of their current manuscript a month before the workshop for everyone to review in advance. Participants will receive verbal feedback during the session and their marked manuscript pages afterward.